TabletopWelt

Asmodees hungriges Imperium

Empfohlene Beiträge

Nachdem Asmodee u.a. FFG aufgekauft hatte und es dort bereits Stunk gab, weil sie angefangen haben, die Rabatte von Händlern kontrollieren zu wollen (da hat wohl jemand GW auf die Finger geschaut), wird es offenbar nicht wirklich besser. Nachdem sie jetzt F2z Studios (z-Man-Games, Plaid Hat, etc.) aufgekauft haben, fangen sie an, echt große Bereiche des Marktes zu kontrollieren.

Ihre Politik, die Asmodee als Schutzmaßnahme für FLGS ausgibt, scheint aber gerade diesen eher das Wasser abzudrehen. Hier ist ein Post von einem Händler aus einer Diskussion auf BGG:

" This is disgusting. As a small game shop owner that's been "dealing" with Asmodee for years, to go from quick shipping, good margins, regular stock notifications, promotions, and multi-channel availability to this is sickening. Since Asmodee announced, DURING the Christmas Holidays, their plan to shore up more IP's and gaming companies they've done nothing but work really hard at killing small business.

Since Asmodee North America began operating under their new hood they've;

Prohibited brick & mortar shops from selling products online, through our own websites, not even Amazon

Reduced our margins by decreasing the discounts extended to retailers

Refuse to adopt a regular reprint schedule for their IP's with the exception of Catan, which thankfully is still being managed by a Mayfair subsidiary. (Ever wonder why Skull, Small World, Jaipur, Bloody Inn, and so on may as well be considered seasonal titles? May as well throw Civilization in there too.)

Changed their shipping policies so now they refuse to ship anything under $500, even if it's a back-order. So If something isn't available, and I back-order it, if it's available when I don't need anything, they'll cancel the order and wish you luck that it's available when you can make a large enough order.

Their shipping when they were simply Fantasy Flight was already abysmal. Since they offer free freight but encourage you to pay for quicker turnaround, therefore under free freight, you may get your order withing 2 weeks, possibly longer.

The sales reps have ZERO information anymore. No idea's when items are coming back into print, how much is left, or allocations anywhere.

If these negotiations go through, Asmodee will control roughly 80% of roughly 200+ board games I carry in my store. They won't be satisfied till board games become a huge premium, and there's nobody by Amazon and big box retailers left to sell them. I really wish there were some way to call an end to these crappy business practices. "

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/56171/asmodee-negotiations-acquire-f2z-entertainment

Biete Fantasy- und 40k-Zeuchs

Verkaufe viele fiese Gnoblars ...

Blut, Gold und Ehre - Oger-Berichte aus dem Sturm

DonVoss: "Aber klar, wer im Inneren eher Khornebeserker ist als Zauberkünstler, der rockt auch die Magiephase..."