TabletopWelt

Gerüchte zu Age of Sigmar (ehemals 9. Edition) - Zusammenfassung

Corvus

Empfohlene Beiträge

via Tim the Thief on Faeit 212

New Rumors for the 9th Edition of Warhammer Fantasy

Release

-All Softcover Armybooks will obsolet with the new release.

-The Starter Box will released at the same time as the Hardback Rulebook

-The Set will include a Book called "Armies of Warhammer", this Book will handle simplified Armylists for ALL avaitable Armies.

-Armies of Warhammer will give Player a little view of all Armies and they Units, also it will be a transitional solution for the obsolet Armybooks

-Armies of Warhammer will be a part in the Hardback Rulebook

-The Rulebook in the Set will be a simplified "Starter Rulebook"

-A smaller complete Hardback Rulebook will released too, called "Warhammer - The Rules"

Rules

-The ruleset will chance again, GW has recognized the last Edition was an hard inpact for sells of Warhammer products

-The number of special rules will reduced

-There will be no releases of Fantasy Suppliments, the books will contain more background. Page numbers up to 150 pages are possible!

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

If 9th edition were coming out, it would have the rules for all of the armies found in brief within the Core Rulebook. This would be for a player's reference to know the gist of what they might face against, not so much to make an army list and play from.

That said, if 9th edition were coming out, any army that does not receive a hardback 8th edition rulebook will notice that in the 9th edition core book their rules will be slightly more detailed, including points costs changes and the like; but they would still need their 7th edition arnybook to play in earnest.

Said armies would also be the first to get updated with 9th edition books if the new edition were coming out.

Also, any armybook after and including Lizardmen also is being built with the next edition already in mind, regardless of when 9th is actually going to come out.

Von Warseer:
- it still uncertain if it will be in 2014 or 2015, but 2015 seems the more probable according to the most recent rumours

- according to H&H, GW wants to make Fantasy more popular, and will try big changes for 9th edition, probably making all existing army books rules obsolete, as a small errata/faq wouldn't be enough

- army books as we know them could disappear in favour or larger books. It's not sure exactly what we will get, but it should be more than 2 books, but not many more.

For exemple we could have somethin like that

(this is pure theory to serve as an exemple, *it's not a rumour*):

- armies of the old world : Empire, Bretonnia, Dwarves, Wood Elves

- armies of chaos : bestmen, warriors, demons

- Scions of the Old ones/Forces of the new world : Lizardmen, High elves, Dark elves

- Undead: Tomb kings, Vampire counts

- Savages hordes : Orcs & Goblins, Ogres kingdoms, skavens

Another example could also be just two books "Forces of destruction", "Forces of order", but then Orgres kingdoms and Tomb kings that are currently neutral could have to be changed to one or the other.

- the fluff in those big books *might* be shorter that in the current army books, with more fluuf in the big rulebook and/or separate fluff books released later

- it's possible that instead of releasing an update booklet like Ravening hordes for 6th edition, that the new big army books are released all at once with the new edition or soon after

- allied rules like in 40k are strongly expected, allowing you to field a small detachment from another army aside your main force. It should be something like the undead or daemon forces from Storm of magic.

- such an alliance system as well as the big books could allow in theory for less developped factions to still be included, as this would make them useable as allies even if they lack unit choices for a full army.

- it is expected that all unit entries in the new army books would have at least one official model (even if it is only an ugly old model from the 80s), to prevent other companies from releasing models before GW do an official one (See the Chapterhouse case in "GW general" forum)

- a theory about the evolution of armies after that is that GW might release new models with new rules in White dwarf when needed, and release compendium/updates to the main books at regular interval with those rules, so the main books are never made obsolete (at least for the lifetime of 9th edition).

- the last armies to get updated for 8th edition (probably Wood elves and bretonnians) might not get a new army book, as it would be invalidated too soon after that, but new units entries or other updates in white dwarf before that would not be unexpected.

Be aware that the main rumour here is "GW wants to make big changes for 9th edition making existing books obsolete), the rest is mainly theories about the consequences of such change, with vague confirmations from H&H telling us that we're more or less in the right direction.

Ebenfalls von Warseer:
via 75hastings69

I was actually discussing with Harry about a month or so ago that next WFB is not till 2015.

An extra year would allow all armies to get treatment before new edition in 2015.

HE

Lizardmen

DE

Dwarfs

Brets(?)

WE (?)

Skaven (?)

9th edition

Personally I'd swap WE & Brets around and change Skaven to O&G....... but that's just me

via NatTreehouse

9th edition rumors

Major overhall and not like all the other "major" ones - radical rethink. Ricks gone so other people want to get their hands on it.

All army books gone and Ravening Hordes replacement

Timeline moves forward

So many changes won't come out before 2015, not next year (Memphis got panties in a bunch about this)

via Harry

9th will be more than a quick fix.

I posted months ago to hint as much. I first heard this last year. I have heard it a few times since.

(...)

When I said I thought 'it was 2014 but opinions vary' was because I was hearing different things from different folks.

When it comes to rumours I almost always go with what hastings says ... as he is almost always right.

So if his sources are saying 2015 ... then thats probably right.

As for the 'big changes' stuff ... you may want to hold off on the salt a bit.

Und bei Bell of Lost Souls gibt es auch eine Zusammenfassung.

Schnipp.

Das hier war in der Zusammenfassung der Bell of Lost Souls noch mit drin:

Warseer's Earlybird 6-27-2013

V9 Army books :

Ancient Kingdoms : Lizardmen/High Elves/Wood Elves/Dwarves/Tomb Kings

Servants of Dark Gods : Warriors of Chaos/Daemons of Chaos/Beastmen/Skaven/Dark Elves

Old Word Denizens : The Empire/Bretonnia/Orcs and Goblins/Ogre Kingdoms/Vampire Counts

Ich fänd einen Zeitstempel zu jedem Gerücht in der Zusammefassung oben noch ganz hilfreich, manches ist ja wesentlich älter als anderes

Danke und Gruss

Olaf

Klingt doch schon konkreter.

Hab dieses hier im anderen Board gelesen. Wenn das wahr sein sollte, erwartet uns erst 2015 die neue Edition, was wiederum heißen könnte, dass in dieser Edition alle Armeebücher bedient werden könnten. Viel Spaß beim Lesen:

http://warhammer-board.de/warhammer-ger%C3%BCchtek%C3%BCche/allgemeine-dinge-f10/t30559-f14/

Schnipp.

Endlich was Neues zur Neunten!
There has been quite a bit out lately for Warhammer Fantasy, and with a new edition rumored for next year, it looks like we will seeing quite a bit more. Here are the latest rumors for Fantasy 9th edition, including what the starter set will be.

Please remember that these are rumors

via Tim on Faeit 212

-Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition & new Starterset next Year

-Starterset becomes "Expansion set" & Mailorder Only special Edition

-Orks & Goblins first 9th editon Armybook

Starter Set of the 9th Edition Warhammer with following content

-simplified Starter Rulebook

-"Armies f Warhammer", simplified Armylists for all

-Orks and Goblins Army

--Ork Warboss

--New Goblinwarriors

--Ork Warriors

-Empire Army

--Captain of the Empire

--New Spearmen (new Design)

--New Musketeers (new Design)

--New Knights (new Design)

The Set becomes an Expansion with Magic as subject

-Small Booklet with Magic Rules

-Additional Models for Mages and two Regiments

Quelle: http://natfka.blogspot.co.at/2013/10/warhammer-fantasy-9th-edition-and.html

----

Wieder mal ein wenig mehr Gerüchte:
via Tim on Faeit 212

Warhammer Fantasy

As already known the 9th Edition Rules will be published in three Stages:

-Simplified Basic Rulebook in the Starter Set

-Small Book with Rules only

-Large Book with Rules and Fluff

-New army books will have lesser special rules

-There will be a "Rule Set" to build Scenarios (no classical Scenarios contain)

-The Large Rulebook will be thinner than the previous

Quelle: http://natfka.blogspot.de/2013/11/warhammer-fantasy-9th-edition-books.html

Optionen.

http://natfka.blogspot.de/2013/11/warhammer-9th-edition-rulebook-and.html?m=1

Die 9. Edition soll im Laufe 2014 rauskommen (ich weiß nichts Neues). Triumph und Treuebruch sei schon für die neue entworfen. Interessant finde ich, dass man aus der Grundbox verschiede Optionen zusammenbauen kann.

Wie öde.

http://natfka.blogspot.de/2013/11/orks-and-empire.html

Imps und Orkze, sag ich ja^^

A small bit of information this morning hitting the inbox. The two armies in the starter set for 9th edition. Of course its Orks, Goblins, and Empire.

Please remember that this is a rumor.

via an anonymous source from the Faeit 212 inbox

The Empire and Orks & Goblins in 9th Edition Startset.

bearbeitet von Grathkar

So, so, was da so alles drin sein soll?

AAuf Faeit 212, zwei verschiedene Quellen...

a Warboss on Wyvern and Knights for the Empire will be included.

Empire Army

-Captain on Steed (Sword or Lance option)

-Warrior Priest of Sigmar (Two Hand Hammer or One Hand Hammer & Shield option)

-5x Knights (Sword or Lance with Shield option + Commando)

-20x State Troops (Spear or Sword with Shield option + Commando)

-20x State Troops (Musket or Crossbow option + Commando)

Orcs & Goblins Army

-Orc Boss on Wyvern (Axe and Shield)

-20x Goblins (Spear with Shield or Bow option + Commando)

-14x Orcs (Choppa or Spear with Shield option + Commando)

-Goblin Ballista

http://natfka.blogspot.de/2013/11/fantasy-rumors-starter-set.html

Schnipp.

Ich denke das passt hier vl rein:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?388436-Warhammer-Fantasy-Changes-on-the-Horizon

Warhammer Fantasy Changes on the Horizon

So I am sure that many people will probably shoot holes through this and I was hesitant to post at all. With all the news surrounding Games Workshop over the last couple of weeks I think that it lines up fairly well. I was able to grab lunch with an old friend about a month ago who works for GW (not a local store croney). We talked everything GW and of course my drug of choice Warhammer Fantasy. He said that over the next coupel of months there would be drastic changes to the way GW does business...this was just in general. He didn't give me too many specifics, but now that the White Dwarf changes have hit the street openly and the news of a revamped website with FW product offerings and all it lines up. Once again he didnt come out and say that GW was going to be taking a hit with the earnings, but he stated that many of the changes had to do with new strategies to increase revenue and such. He has been traveling non-stop for new training and meetings, so it was easy to see something was coming down the pipe.

So on to my main point. I have always been a fantasy fanatic...game of choice hands down. He stated that there would be a new release which would change the way fantasy is currently played. Currently, the idea is to have huge blocks of infantry and high priced special characters and beasts which makes for higher costs to players and conceptually more revenue for GW. However this did not work fo rone reason or another. So it was obvious some changes were needed. The new approach will aim at bringing more people back into the game by making it smaller and more affordable. The new rule set would focus on making warhammer more of a small block and skirmish based game with fewer miniatures needed. The new box set would have less miniatures, but would basically set people up to get in the game and playing at a much reduced cost.

So he didnt give me the finer deatails that I would have liked, but he did say this would happen this summer for sure...not next year. He basically said that GW is being forced to make some changes due to some cash flow issues...which has become evident since we had lunch several weeks ago. It seems like he was pretty spot on so far with his vague statements...haha...take it as you will. But I have faith in this for many reasons. It seems with everything going on that it would line up well and make sense. GW needs a way to bring more people back intothe game while also doing soemthing to help bring fanatsy back up to strength.

So has anybody else heard anything similar or am I out here on a limb.

Auf die Schnelle und in Kürze ausgedrückt : kleinere Einheiten, viel mehr Plänkler um wieder mehr Leute ins Hobby zu bringen.. Als gäbe es nicht schon eh genug Skirmisher-Games ala Helldorado usw..

Hat das schon wer gefunden?

Via http://natfka.blogspot.co.at/2014/02/warhammer-fantasy-9th-new-rules-armor.html

Warhammer Fantasy is one game that I have not spent much time with, and not by lack of want. Wood Elves were always my draw, even though I have owned several armybooks, like Vampire Counts. With a new edition most likely coming this year, I will be taking a look at it much closer as the summer comes around.

Today we have a few rumors for Warhammer Fantasy that are worth taking a look at.

Please remember that these are rumors.

via Tim on Faeit 212

-Elves roll 3W6 to determine an attack, dwarf roll 1W6

-Movement will be simplified

-Armor saves will change, shield give a special save

-Skirmishers return to the rules from the 7th

-2.500p will be the new standard Size for Battles

-Rules for special dangerous Terrain will be dropped

Next.

Hat das schon wer gefunden?

Via http://natfka.blogspot.co.at/2014/02/warhammer-fantasy-9th-new-rules-armor.html

Warhammer Fantasy is one game that I have not spent much time with, and not by lack of want. Wood Elves were always my draw, even though I have owned several armybooks, like Vampire Counts. With a new edition most likely coming this year, I will be taking a look at it much closer as the summer comes around.

Today we have a few rumors for Warhammer Fantasy that are worth taking a look at.

Please remember that these are rumors.

via Tim on Faeit 212

-Elves roll 3W6 to determine an attack, dwarf roll 1W6

-Movement will be simplified

-Armor saves will change, shield give a special save

-Skirmishers return to the rules from the 7th

-2.500p will be the new standard Size for Battles

-Rules for special dangerous Terrain will be dropped

Wiedermal ein kleiner Gerüchtefetzen ;) :

http://natfka.blogspot.co.at/2014/02/warhammer-fantasy-9th-edition-june-de.html

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

1. In addition I was also discussing the rumours re: WFB 9th and WH40K box set. WFB 9th is on its way for a May pre-order and June release whilst WH40K box was not known. This may be because it is further out for a release date.

2. Also mentioned imminent additional plastic kits although no specific dates re: Dark Elf bolt throwers and also Slayers in plastic.

Auf Faeit gibt es Gerüchte dass es auch hintergrundtechnisch größere Veränderungen geben soll, genauer ein signifikantes Fortschreiten der Zeitlinie:

A couple of interesting things

Weekly releases will take a while to catch up, but give it time and the traditional army focus per month will disappear

Big changes are coming across the board,

No definite time for this but warhammer fantasy is moving on. By a significant length of time. Significant.

Armies aren't so much being 'squatted' though actually it's quite fitting as the influence of chaos grows and disrupts things, so survivors must band together in a whole new dangerous world

http://natfka.blogspot.de/2014/03/warhammer-fantasy-timeline-moving.html

Wenn man bedenkt dass Bretonen und Woodies in derselben Ecke hocken könnte eineI nvasion beide Völker nach Osten treiben, und alles westlich des Parravon fällt an das Chaos oder die Dunkelelfen?

In den vergangenen Tagen machten neue Gerüchte um die nächste Edition die Runde:

If you like Warhammer, I suggest you better take a seat.

Over the last few months I got a few glimpses on what WHF could change to in the very near future. I have collected messages, asked questions, and tried to form a somewhat coherent picture. The one thing I believe by now is: Warhammer in its current form will no longer be supported by GW. It will be transformed into something else, with everything built up in background and most of the model range being kicked out of the door.

To give you an insight into some of the messages I got, have a look at the following. Please note that I am paraphrasing at times, and have cut out (hopefully) everything that could lead to the original identities of my friendly birdies.

"- 9th Edition to pick up where the ET leaves off in fluff, plus a couple of hundred years or so (to reboot the setting).

- The Warhammer World gets shattered on a dimensional level during the climax of the ET. No more "map of the Old World" - it's now little bubbles of reality, where pockets of civilisation try desperately to eke a living before the next collision with another bubble, which may be full of Chaos. (To address the problem of "how come my Tomb Kings of Khemri are fighting against Wood Elves from Athel Loren?", not that I get the impression that either of those will still exist, but you get the idea)

- New faction... heavily armoured, religious, "good" human warriors fighting with the power of the gods. (Warhammer Space Marines, basically). Karl Franz Ascended seems to be the prototype or precursor for this concept, AFAICT."

"9th edition will have 6 factions. Model diversity cut in half shelf space. New world and new age so current factions and lore aren't recognizable at all. Each new faction has like 3 core units that will always be on the shelf. Much faster releases of stuff, mainly characters and special units of 2-5 fancy models (like Morghasts) that have their own rules right in the box, so not dependent on a static army book. Many of the these non-core models are only available for a limited time (say 6 months to a year), so they don't take up shelf space forever and ever. Many existing models are not usable in 9th."

"We can expect the next edition of Fantasy to throw everything up in the air. The whole End Times move has been to wean people onto a whole new take on the Warhammer world and it's going to start with every army being "chaosified". We can expect army play styles and appearance to change quite dramatically and there will be a whole load of new models being released early on to tie everything together. This has caused quite a stir back at GW HQ as there are a lot of people behind the scenes (some of which are very well known to us) who don't like the changes that have been made. I have also been told that the models due to be released are some of the best to date!"

Add to that (and by "Birdy Prime" I mean my best source so far):

"'9th' [or] whatever is next for fantasy [...] coming 2015 in the summer. The new faction [plus] future releases after this point for five 'existing' factions (which plus this would make six) […] but I think there will be [...] more."

As you can see, it will be drastic. It seems like those „Spanish rumours†œ might have had some more flesh on them than I thought: I am by now sorry for my sometimes nasty words about them. And despite my remorse about ever mentioning it, I think my statement about a „ragestorm of epic proportions†œ could have been correct after all.

Quelle auf Warseer

from the horse mouth

factions :

1) Chaos : Demons + Beasts + Mortals

2) Elves

3) Empire

4) Undead

5) Orcs and Goblins

6) Skavens

Lizards are gone in space.

Dwarves survivors join the empire with the ogres.

1) Chaos core : Warriors of chaos/chariot/Hounds

Demons figs will be kept as they are usable in 40k

Bye bye marauders, ungors, centigors, razorgor etc

2) Elves core : spearmen/archers/cavalry on horse

No more xbows

the 3 elves will blend in one faction

dark elves monsters are gone : cold ones, hydra

3) Empire core: Hallberds/Handgun/Canon

Some dwarves survivors and ogres are included

Imperial and bretonnian knights are merged

4) Undead core : Skeletons/Ghouls/Spirit host

bye bye bone giant, scorpion sphinx, chariots and everything too much egyptian

5) Orcs and goblins core : Goblins/Orcs/Black orcs

no real change for them

6) Skaven core : Clanrats/Plague rats/Rat ogres

no real change for them too

cheers

Quelle auf Warseer

bearbeitet von Zavor

Meine Krieger und ich stehen bereit, um jeden zu überrennen, der Widerstand leistet!

Projekte: Die Krieger des ungeteilten Chaos, Der Marsch der Legionen (Chaos Space Marines), Die Streitmacht Heinrichs des Verteidigers (Bretonia)

Schlachtberichte: Tholons Weg zum ewigen Ruhm (Krieger des Chaos), Itriels ewiger Krieg (Chaos Space Marines)

Wege zur Verdammnis - eine Erzählung chaotischen Ausmaßes...

Werden die Gerüche relativiert?

Of course with rumors of round bases, armies being removed, and much worse, I took one of the more recent conversations I have had, and figured it was worth sharing with the audience in general.

Vollständiger Artikel auf Faeit 212 einsehbar.

Dankswerterweise hat Asuryan der Große eine Zusammenfassung des Artikels erstellt:

Neue Gerüchte bzw. Klarstellungen von Faeit 212, aus anonymer Quelle.

Zusammengefasst:

• alte ABs behalten ihre Gültigkeit.
  • 9 Edi. ähnlich der 8 Edi. keine drastischen Änderungen.
  • neue Fraktionen mit neuem Hintergrund, aber wie gesagt auch alte ABs spielbar.
  • neue Edi. soll offener werden
  • kein "40k Fantasy" im Sinne der Regeln
  • Rundbasen ziemlich sicher, Eckbasen aber einsetzbar, kommt auf den persönlichen Geschmack an.
  • "40k Fantasy" wohl im Sinne von AOPs, also eventuell Unbound Armies, Datasheets etc.

Meine Krieger und ich stehen bereit, um jeden zu überrennen, der Widerstand leistet!

Projekte: Die Krieger des ungeteilten Chaos, Der Marsch der Legionen (Chaos Space Marines), Die Streitmacht Heinrichs des Verteidigers (Bretonia)

Schlachtberichte: Tholons Weg zum ewigen Ruhm (Krieger des Chaos), Itriels ewiger Krieg (Chaos Space Marines)

Es scheint konkreter zu werden. Zumindest existieren erste Angaben über den Inhalt der nächsten Grundbox:

The basic gist:

- Available for preorder April 24th

- All-new miniatures

- Rules includes

- Round bases

- Chaos: 2 characters, one of which is exclusive, five Chaos Knights, 10 Chaos Warriors, 5 Chaos Daemons, and 1 Chaos monster of some kind

- Light: 2 characters, 10 Sacred Warriors, 10 Warriors, 5 Sacred Knights, 1 warmachine

- Light faction models look like Grail Knights

Quelle auf Warseer

bearbeitet von Zavor
Korrektur des Zitats

So langsam erhöht sich die Frequenz - denn es gibt wieder neue Gerüchte:

A lot of this will be pulled from Darnok's initial "bomb drop" thread, however with no central discussion point I've seen a lot of other snippets cropping up in various threads, as well. I'm going to need your help with gathering this info, guys, so please let me know what I missed:

NEW

And about the starter... Dwarves and [knights with] the new empire. It [seems] that the main book [merges] some races, but whit small books like astra miliarum and militarum tempestus, u can make a single army of dwarves for example.

I only know that dwarves and bretonnians are merged whit the new empire. But im [confused] about undead, cause [the] defenders of [Mousillon] and sylvania seems to be loyal to the new empire.

And two counter-rumors that cropped up:

Square for units. Round for characters, warmachines, solos and atachments.

I can only tell you guys what I know from being involved with work at GW HQ I cannot give away any sources (as I would not wish anyone to lose their jobs, or myself for that matter) but honestly round bases are not coming to Fantasy it is just a negative rumour. you could always base mini's as you like to answer the question about round bases you need to go to GW HQ and be involved with the work that goes on there and actually act like a decent human being and TALK to real people, round bases are a rumour nothing more I have 100% confirmation this is not going to happen. If you ask anybody who actually has anything to do with GW at all they say it's not going to happen.

Powerfull characters, whit dataslates and personal armys. They put some powers and abilities to other units. (Warmahordes style) Simple magic. No more points per mini. Points for unit. Some units are a single mini. Like warmahordes solos. Lots of minis whit 2 or 3 wounds.

Old characters: Tiryon, alarielle and Malekith are alive or some kind of live! Settra, Nagash, Guilles, Aborash, glott bros and Belakor too. And Archaon. He is the new good guy.

Quelle auf Warseer

bearbeitet von Zavor
Korrektur des Zitats

Malagrim_Grungal hat eine Liste mit kleineren und größeren Regeländerungen aufgetan, die es in der neuen Edition angeblich geben soll:

- the 9th edition rules aren't going to be the big jump that moving from 7th edition to 8th was.

- there are going to be 3 versions of Warhammer. The Age of Sigmar - recommended for point totals 500 to 1,500 and will be a skirmish style game. The Age of Steel - Warhammer as we all played it over the last 5 years. The End Times - magic heavy and 50% lords & heroes (and Lore of Undeath).

- power dice are now a base of 2D6 (4D6 for End Times) up to 2,000 points, add another power dice for every 1,000 points after that so fielding a 4,000 point army would roll 4D6 Winds of Magic or 6D6 in the End Times.

- lots of new spells though the #6 spells all allow Ward Saves

- new magic items. Some went away, some new ones arrived.

- 8th edition measuring still exists

- Regeneration now works like a War Hydra, dead models come back with a single wound on a 4+ (I think Plaguebearers just won Warhammer)

- Lances do impact his on the charge

- Spears are +1ST if they hold against "mounted units"

- ASF has changed. Units that charge get ASF vs the unit they charge.

- Fear as now but tests are at -1 leadership, Terror at -2 (BSBs are still OP)

- Killing Blow does D3 wounds

- Heroic Killing Blow still kills everything

- characters riding monsters have a merged profile (which I presume is why cannons are still going shout '10 from the back!'...)

- Steadfast can be lost with a single rank of 5 in the flank. Units cannot be Steadfast against anything that can Thunderstomp them

- 2D6 Scenarios and a much broader terrain chart

- models lose half their charge roll distance if they clip terrain (think of it as toned down 7th edition terrain rules) though dangerous terrain is still in effect (1s to wound for models that take dangerous terrain tests)

- new building rules though they still look bad

- combat resolution - outnumbering is back

- holding table quarters is back too

Quelle auf Warseer

Nostra666 hat weitere Gerüchte gefunden:

I have on, Excellent authority, new info.

4 army books which I am assuming will be costly

Skirmish game for sure no news of a new system with blocks of infantry. no idea about how this game will function beyond it being skirmish

old fluff returns via gods like sigmar recreating the old world anew. GREAT NEWS. New kits, New characters, if the old character died in the end times he won't be coming back so pretty much everyone.

this is all I have but it's great stuff since it means new game, New story, New minis, all done WITHOUT invalidating the minis you already own. books will be more generalized so no more individual books but that doesn't stop anyone from playing just one faction.

THE MINIS WE OWN WILL NOT GO TO WASTE.

knowing where this is from I'm starting to work on my fantasy again.

Quelle auf Dakkadakka

Die neuesten Gerüchte, die CorlissEngine gefunden hat, deuten darauf hin, dass "Age of Sigmar" keine neue Edition von Warhammer Fantasy darstellt, sondern ein ganz neues Spiel sein wird:

So this is from GW as of a minute ago. I will continue to hammer my sales rep about 4 times a week, and he's promised to call me whenever new info pops up.

-Ages of Sigmar is a new system, not necessarily WFB 8.5 or 9.0

-Story advances after the events in Endtimes.

-All current models will be usable. But it's a new system, so how good/bad something was in 8th isn't an indication of how it will perform in AoS.

-Age of Sigmar is not a boardgame, is not an intro game to something larger. It's the main event.

Quelle auf Dakkadakka

CorlissEngine hat einen umfassenden Bericht gefunden, der einen tiefgreifenden Einblick vermittelt, was bei "Age of Sigmar" auf den Spieler zuzukommen scheint:

I had the chance to look thoroughly through the proper Age of Sigmar rulebook (the one that consists of three books) yesterday evening. Spent my time with the three books and ignored the novel in favour of the real interesting things. So I cannot fill in the blanks there. But maybe I have the opportunity to look at the rulebook and novel again and hopefully the age of sigmar box, too. But now I have a way clearer picture what†™s coming and I†™d like to share with you because I am very (!!!) excited, but I cannot provide any photos for obvious reasons. So if you don†™t believe me, I don†™t blame you. But please don†™t attack me personally.

- Title of the rulebook is: Age of Sigmar: a Warhammer strategy game

- first the basics (most of which are already known):

- full fledged rule system; no skirmish game - meaning not restricted to low miniature count: 50 models on average, way lower possible, in general you use units but you can field an army consisting of only single models

- everything is on round or oval bases (there paragraph that explicitly allows legacy and diorama bases, though);

- 2 books: the rules (rules and scenarios) and compendium (pictures, unit cards and fluff)

- there are unit cards for every (as far as I can see) old unit in the second book, including warhammer forge models and most or all special characters. Some units get the full treatment with a small fluff text, pictures of the actual miniatures and rules, some units get only rules with nothing more.

- all new rules with complete new mechanics: think not of 40k 2nd -> 3rd but Warhammer 8th -> Bloodbowl, very compact and fast paced, huge emphasis on individual champions, magic and gods (don†™t know how powerful, but these have the most rule pages)

- no photos (and no artworks except some very generic drawings) of new miniatures except a couple chaos and human miniatures that are very likely from the Age of Sigmar box.

- all the races are in, but some are clearly favored. There are few pictures of beastmen and lizardmen for example and some units like steamtanks, gunpowder units (Skaven and new-dwarfs use them still), etc. can only be fielded as mercenaries from a different world or summoned units (in case of most special characters, there is even a picture of a Teclis painted in ghost colors)

- the tech level is between and ancient roman empire and early medieval times, lots of nomadic barbarian tribes, etc. But judging by to the age of sigmar miniatures the armour design draws only a little bit from history and is has a very stylized high-fantasy design instead

- there are lots of different people, races, gods and lots of different alliances. The world is a lot more open minded than the old one, Empire-Orc Alliance would be unthinkable, but a human-waaghkin force is nothing unusual in this setting

Army building

- you pick one or more gods that determine the theurgic or magic schools (don†™t know what the difference is, sorry) you can use and how your champions get power-ups during the game. You can take several gods, but they have to be from the same pantheon - so no nurgle-sigmar armies, but Nagash-Morr is possible.Then you choose whichever unit you want - from every race. There is no limit as far as I can tell.

- The only mechanic that I have spotted that limits the useful choices somehow is that most spells and special rules only affect units with certain traits, the powers of Grimgor (magic and gods are always connected, each lore has a patron god that grants the power) affects only mortals or enemy units in the proximity of mortals.

- There are only rules for one pantheon in the rule book, all the other gods and pantheons are only mentioned in the fluff

- Guardians of Regalia, a conglomerate native spirits and gods and lately some new gods, the incarnates Grimgor, Gelt and Nagash, there are thousand of gods and their relevance changes over time and in different regions, but there are seven big gods that have seven schools of magic associated with them and have rules in the book

- Geshemet or Gesheket or something like this (male and female, fertility, natural disaster) is the head of the pantheon, the other six gods are dual pair of good and evil:

two death gods: Nagahs and Morr

two smith and labour gods: Hashut and Gelt

two war gods: Grimgor and Myrmidia

- five other pantheon get a page of fluff each, and additional minor pantheons/deities are mentioned in the fluff. The big five are Chaos, Sigmar, Cuth†™adai (elven gods), Exoatl (old ones) and the triumvi-rats (Horned Rat + 2 more)

- all characters can earn favor of their gods and get promoted just like the chaos champions until they reach apotheosis, this is also a huge mechanic in the game + you can field gods or at least their avatars, but only three incarnates have rules in the book

Rules

- there is only one ruleset (don†™t know what is in the AoS box, but in the book there is no distinction between skirmish mode and battle mode or something like this)

- rules have nothing to do with the old warhammer rules,

- profile is: Melee, Range, Might, Armour, Initiative, Resolve, Wounds, values from 1-6, lower is better

- simple turn sequence: initiative -> player 1 unit 1 moves, shoots, casts -> p1 unit 2 moves, shoots, casts -> ... -> player 2 moves, shoots, casts -> melee

- players roll always against each other, for example Melee vs Initiative and Range vs Initiative, Might vs Armour

- units regenerate all lost wounds at the end of the phase

- both sides in a melee fight simultaneously, winner can roll to fight instantaneously another round until one side is extinct or one side chooses to break from the combat

- there is no moral system or combat resolution whatsoever, but unit can be bounced back

- units use a 1† 40k formation without any facing

- magic spells are all one-use only, when you use it, you have to discard the card

- you can collect ascension points throughout the game and spend the point to buff your champions, mechanic depends on your god(s)

- unit costs points as before, you are not allowed to field multiple units of the same kind unless the former unit have full strength - there are all kinds of unit sizes from 1-3 to 3-15 (that†™s the highest I have seen), but you can field lots of different 1-man units

- you don†™t buy champions, a set number of models are automatically upgraded to champions, but you cannot exceed the limit

- there are rules for different weapons, magic items, war engines, monsters, special rules, etc and a large section for scenarios and terrain, larger than the actual rules

Setting

game is set on world Regalia that is connected with other young realms through portals of the old ones. Young realms are realms that were populated by the old creators and were guided on similar historical paths. They were untouched by chaos but this has changed since the arrival of sigmar (as a new faith) and archaon (as an actual emissary in flesh and blood)

there is no explanation (or just a brief one so that I have missed it) how this all came to be, just a description of the history of Regalia (and to a lesser extent some neighbouring realms)

On Regalia is dominated by hundreds of human kingdoms. Fast travel is possible through a number of stone circles that allows mages to open portal from one to another and a system of streams and seas under the earth that can be navigated by ship. There were a long period of peace curated by the Exoatl (Old Ones) that watched over the world from the North and Southpole. But then suddenly new faiths arrived, lots of human tribes started to pray to Sigmar and to conquer their neighbouring kingdoms. These lands are each independent, but are united in their faith to Sigmar. The history ends with the conquering of the Worlds Edge mountains and the crowning of the first emperor. At the same time, the first agents of Chaos arrived and began to corrupt the native people. A part of the Waaghkins rebelled against the old ones in favour of new gods, the Skaven arrived the first time, and in the south and east a death cult began to spread. The world is in turmoil. There are lots of unfinished story hooks so I think the story will be continued, but that might be wishful thinking.

humans are the majority in this world and they have kingdom and tribes everywhere, most of the known earth-inspired regions like cathay are there, but they are not described as fully flegded feudal nations but constantly changing petty empires and nomadic people ruled by warlords and champions of the gods. there are two factions of humans, the worshippers of sigmar and the polytheistic rest, both are not monocultural, but have different skin colors and cultures. Women fight beside men!

The dominion of sigmar is special, because they are the only ones that are reluctant to allow any other race than humans. They have only one god and their goal is to destroy all other gods and conquer their domains - for the greater good of the world of course. This has nothing in common with the Empire of the old world, except the heraldry, griffons are still en vogue. All tribes and city states and kingdoms are independent, the only common ground is their faith, the emperor is only a warlord with the purpose to expands the dominion towards the east. There a still knightly orders, zealots, witchhunters - so they retain some of their medieval flair but there are no state troops. There is no gunpowder, except from some dwarven imports, but they are known for using large warwaggons on their trek to the east. Kislec, Estalia, Araby, city states of Bretonnia, Norse and tribes of the Reiklands are part of the dominion. There are also some enclaves scattered across the world that are connected with magic portals

The Skaven arrived on their own on Regalia and are basically the same. Haven†™t spent much time on them. They have now three gods called the triumvi-rat …..

Dawikorr (dwarfs) and Inneadim (elfs) have their own realms that are connected with Regalia. The Inneadim have outposts in America.

Dawikorr are only a legend on Regalia and nobody has seen them, but there are legends that they aid whorshippers of Sigmar in peril. They deliver the dominions of Sigmar with artifacts. They live underneath the world Karak Korr and guard the Soul Mill. Dawikorr have rules, so they can be fielded.

The Soul Mill is a huge machinery that allows minor deities to feed on the power of dead spirits or let them reincarnate or serve them as guardian hosts. It was built by the surviving dwarves of the old world on command of the Incarnates on a older machinery of the old ones. The dwarfs guard the soul mill and are aligned with Sigmar after the shattering of the Incarnates, but are under siege of the skaven that have found their way on this world and managed to steal two mighty souls that formed their new gods.

Inneadim whorship the dreamers, gods that have dreamt themselves, basically the elven gods. They live on their own world and protect the dreamchild. Under Araloth they founded enclaves on Regalia in search for the archelves, lost gods of their pantheon. They are a darker take on the elves, nightmare are as much part of their culture then dreams. They use necromancy and the death god Ynnead is at the centre of their pantheon. But they still live in symbiosis with the nature. The artwork shows an elf on a feathered mount, not like a chocobo, but more like a feathered raptor. the artbook shows pictures (and rules) from all existing elf armies.

Skaven and Dawikorr are the only races that use blackpowder, the rest of Regalia is on stuck on an ancient/medieval tech level. The Exoatl use magic techno gear. There is a certain level of anachronistic gear but it is not steampunk but powered by ancient magic. The only steampunk elements are in the Skaven and to a lesser extent the neo-dwarven fluff.

Chaos has no foothold in the north but is anywhere and consists of corrupted tribes and companies from every region of the world. The barbarian theme of the nomadic tribes is more associated with khorne than with chaos as a whole. Beastmen and demons are likely part of their faction because they are described in the same chapter (both in the fluff and unit cards), but demons can be summoned by everyone, so I don†™t know for sure. And beastmen have very few pictures, so that†™s a bad omen.

Waaghkins: orcs, goblins and are the servants of the old gods and live in a strict caste system, orcs are the manual laborers. There is a new race called nigmos: a tall and slender priest caste. Waaghkins travel the undersea, a system of flooded caverns that connects the whole world, on longboats and do the dirty work for the Exoatl. There is an artwork of the three different kinds of greenskins (no squigs and snotlings mentioned): an ork in very strange armour, very front heavy, textured like a symmetric turtle shell, he wields is an axe with multiple disc shape blades, goblin looked like a viking but has a futuristic looking handgun, the third was taller than a ork, female, slender - probably a nigmo. But in the photos of actual miniatures only show the old orc style. There is a subfaction of waaghkins that changed allegiance from the old gods to grimgor incarnate and are much more ferocious than their cousins.

undeads, deamons and spirits, and guardian hosts are used by every faction of the game, necromancy but not summoning is common in the dominion of Sigmar. The Inneadim are famous for their use of animated constructs. These things are not a big taboo in Regalia. However the most fearsome necromancers are (obviously) employed by the Empire of Nehekhara (which is not a desolate wasteland and has no egyptian vibe but is a rich and green country and feels more babylonian to me) and their death gods. But there is no Undead faction per se anymore. Vampires are called Necrarchs now.

Guardians hosts are troops that were granted by a god from another realm or the realm of the dead. They are living beings and have free will, but were brought to Regalia on the command of a deity.

- Lizardmen are not gone. There is a race called Servants of the Exoatl that guard the pole portals on flying pyramids, but no drawings and no fluff page (other races and tribess get at least half a page). They get unit cards for their old units (which confirms that they are simply lizardmen with a new name), but instead of beautiful pages with pictures like the rest of the bunch they get a simple list in the appendix of the compendium book.

Beastmen get the same lowkey treatment, but ogres get pictures and all, but I cannot say with which pantheon/faction they align. They are mortal, so you can use them in any the guardians of regalia army, but I don†™t know if this is a stop gap solution or not.

Age of Sigmar box content:

Extrapolated from the pictures, they are the only new models. If you think you get 3-5 UNITS for each side, you are wrong. you get 10-15 (haven†™t counted) CHARACTERS per side. Each model is really individual and it is in no way possible to field the majority of them as a visual coherent unit. It is late and this summary is long as it is, so I make this brief, but I will come back later and add some info on the miniatures. Chaos looks very similar to the old style except the berserkers, the Sigmarite Force is completely different.

Missionary Force:

3 Knights of the Order of Sigmars Blood, Roman looking armour but more bulky, leather Bands, swords and teardrop-shaped shields, champion is a woman

a pair of vigilantes: Male and female, leathercloaked, tricorn, 2 hand-crossbows

a hand full of heavy armoured warrior with different weapons and cloaks, almost knightly in appearance but completely over the top bulky, some have eagleshaped helmets

One hooded, chainmail wearing, hammer wielding girl

a bulldog

standard bearer: naked, chains that are hooked into the flesh, very archaic looking

one arabic looking guy with a two-handed scimitar and full armour

one guy in rags that wields a chain that burns at both ends, very impractical looking

Chaos Cult:

two outriders, basically chaos barbarians as we know them, but female

~5 berserkers: african looking, no armour, barefeet, clad in cloth stripes, two axes, bald and gaunt looking, not overly muscular, bone chain, both male and female

three pristesses: flowing robes, sacrifical ziggzagged daggers, skullmasks

two armoured harpies with spears and shields, crooked looking, feathered wings

at least five chaos warriors similar in appearance to the old chaos warriors, very dynamic fur cloaks and poses, one of them bigger on a larger base, all male as far as I could see

one large bloodletter, almost twice the size of a human

the leader has armour that looks like a chaos dwarfish, very babylonic, rides a demonwolf, a juggernaut, but with flesh and fur and spikes

some more viking-like infantry but with more chainmail

That†™s only a broad description. Every model is highly individual.

Quelle of Dakkadakka

Lordkane hat eine weitere Text of Wall entdeckt. Allerdings widersprechen sich die Gerüchteverbreiter - es ist also schwer zu sagen, wer recht hat:

Age of Sigmar offers a skirmish-level fantasy game, he did not know whether it would be expanded to a mass-battle game later but he thought it would.

Players take control over several small units, organised into loose groups. The models are on round bases. He mentioned that at least at our location, people can use square bases if they want to, in fact with the new unit formation rules it might be slightly easier to use squares.

Units can choose how loose their units form up, either very loose (think 8th ed skirmisher loose) with benefits to movement and defense against shooting, tight, or square.

Tight allows for more maneuvers than square, but is less maneuverable than loose. However, if you receive a charge in tight formation you're better off in CC than if you received it in Skirmish.

Square offers almost no maneuverability, you can only move slowly forward. However, if you receive a charge in Square formation then you're better off in CC than if you received it in Tight or Skirmish formation.

One of the units in the intro game (the Chosen of Sigmar) can elect to change their formation when someone declares a charge against them as long as they pass a Ld check (base Ld 8 so it's fairly easy, hero had Ld 9).

The only real benefit to receiving a charge in Skirmish formation (and there are a ton of negatives - you don't get a bonus from your numbers, only the models in base contact with the enemy can strike (see below), and you can't parry) is that the enemy don't get the bonus for charging you in your flank/rear, since the skirmish formation means you effectively don't have any.

A lot of the base rules are the same as in 8th ed fantasy. The same statline is there (M, WS, BS etc etc), armour works the same, shooting takes similar penalties (long range, soft cover, shooting at skirmishers etc), the difference is in the recommended level of play. CC works out in much the same way, highest I goes first, units in base contact with either an enemy model or a friendly model in base contact with an enemy model get to strike, though only the former get to use all their attacks. Casualties are removed from the back, as per usual. Different kinds of weapons (halberds, spears, etc) and their associated bonuses weren't brought up since the models involved only used hand weapons. Hand weapon + shield still gives you a parry save though, as long as you received a charge (or charged yourself) in tight or square formation, and the attacks weren't coming from your flanks or rear.

GW is trying to push this to be played at the 1000-1500pt level. A lot of focus was put on the heroes leading each force, and leaders will have more impact on the game. Think LotR Strategy Battle Game and its Warband rules. He implied that leaders in general will be more expensive, but have more of an impact on the game. So a 1000pt force might be led by a 300pt hero who is absolutely the core of the force, and if they die the rest of the force is at a severe disadvantage. This goes double if the leader is killed in a challenge by the enemy leader.

On a personal note, the game seemed...fun. The choice between different types of formation provided a level of tactical flexibility that didn't exist in the old game, but required more forward thinking. Do you start in skirmish formation for more maneuverability, risking getting charged with no bonuses from your numbers? Or do you form up Tight and split the difference? Or do you make like a Dwarf and form up Square and just risk getting outflanked? Also, when the two leaders got into a challenge in the middle it was exciting - mine was faster but not as strong, hers was slower but more likely to do lasting damage. We stopped before one leader killed the other though.

Magic wasn't raised in the intro game, but once again I was told it hasn't hugely changed. Only thing I should mention is that, aside from some notable exceptions, wizards can't be leaders of a force.

On a background note - I was laughed at for about 10 straight minutes when I told her about the rumours of "Waaaghkin" led by an all-female caste of "Nigmos", though he was strangely silent when I mentioned Regalia.

From what little he did mention, the core races are all-but unchanged in their basic background. Humanity is represented by the Empire, with the Chosen of Sigmar being an auxiliary detachment that is often fielded alongside Empire forces. Orcs and Goblins are there, nothing about 'Nigmos' or whatever. Chaos is obviously there, in both Daemon and Warrior form, he didn't know anything about Beastmen. Lizardmen weren't mentioned, neither were Skaven, Elves were though. Elves are becoming a bit more like Space Marines in one specific aspect - they're all one race, but differentiated on the grounds of how they wage war, a bit like Chapter Tactics. High Elves will have 'Elf Tactics' that reflect their training and drilling, Dark Elves will have 'Elf Tactics' that reflect their cruelty and malice, and Wood Elves will have 'Elf Tactics' that reflect their reliance on hit-and-run attacks. I anticipate this means a single Elf book with basic troop units, some specific units for each type of Elf, and the rest of the differences will be in these 'Elf Tactics' and colour scheme etc.

I'm trying to remember anything else, the units were about 10-15 models each. The Chaos forces were comprised of a unit of 10 warriors, 15 marauders, 5 warhounds, and the chaos leader. The Chosen of Sigmar (being represented by Lizardmen models as the actual models are obviously currently unavailable) had 15 'warriors of light', 10 'hunters' with shortbows, and 10 'chosen', plus the leader.

It seemed a little unbalanced in the Chosen's favour, but my manager said that when you're introducing people to the game, although you let them pick, you talk up the Chosen more so that they're more likely to pick them and be the good guy. That way, although it looks fairly even, the Chosen have an advantage. Like other intro games that have come before it, it is intended to provide 2 good, though small, starting forces.

It was implied that both armies would need 2-3 boxes of troops added to them to get them to 'average game' size. This was obviously important because a key part of the intro game is not only selling the intro box, but also upselling the customer to get a couple more boxes for a bigger force.

Stat-line wise, though I wasn't told any specifics (this was more a matter of 'Okay so the Warriors of Light are in close combat with the Marauders, so you go first and hit on...') regarding statlines, this is a rough breakdown: - Warriors of Light are a halfway point between marauders and Chaos Warriors, not as tough or as well armoured, but more skilled than marauders, they were hitting marauders on 3s and saving wounds on a 4+ - Chosen are basically Chaos Warriors, same armour save, they were hit on a 4+ and wounded on a 4+ by Chaos Warriors, saving on a 4+ - Hunters are skirmishing bowmen, their only unique aspect is that I think their bows are armour piercing. They were hitting stuff at long range (range 24") on 5s, wounding Chaos Warriors on 5s, but Chaos Warriors with shields were only saving on a 4+, instead of the 3+ they were saving on against the Hunters in close combat. - Leader of the Chosen was basically the Chosen's statline with +1 to everything except Movement and Toughness. He had a sword that allowed him to re-roll failed hits against Chaos things.

I am using the current statlines for Chaos Warriors, Marauders etc in these estimations, and they are liable to change.

Quelle auf Faeit 212

Wieder einmal konnte CorlissEngine ein paar Gerüchte ausfindig machen. Dieses Mal jedoch im erheblich kleineren Rahmen:

Was given some info 3rd hand:

- There will be some free downloads to give unit stats for older models. These won't be in the book itself. The stats online are a onetime thing, meaning they won't be maintaining it or adding info for it going forward. But people with existing armies will have stats for all their models. Extrapolating from this, I expect that the focus of rules and stats of the aos book and any future books will be on models they currently sell. As a store, i'll probably just make a bunch of copies of this and hand it out to players as needed, so everyone has them.

-Setup may be alternating units, with the player who has the least units having some control over what objectives you'll be playing the game around.

-Statlines will be more along the line of the die roll needed.

-Very large monsters may have their stats get worse as they lose wounds.

Quelle auf Dakkadakka

I heard the same about the rules being online for free. On the release rules for stuff not new will have free rules online and they will be in card format. Unit cards for everything not in the new book on the launch. I am positive that as books come out there will be changes to each unit so that the free rules are no longer curent.

I also heard that with less books but 15 armies still available that army composition will be determined by which god your army follows. I like this idea. The gods of the old world will aparently play a part of the game now.

Quelle auf Dakkadakka

Die Frequenz der Gerüchte erhöht sich zusehens:

After Endtime, Chaos Gods rule the world. Sigma, the god-king and avatars of 8 lores are become gods. They organized The Order faction.Their goal is reclaim the world. But Nagash, Gork & Mork, this selfish bastards doesn't like ideals of the Order. They made independent factions "The Death" and "The Destruction".

Age of Sigma has four factions. Furthermore all rules and datasheets are free. It's 40k skirmish style. Rules are similar as 40k. Only little different. Every models have morales, not LD. It's bigger when unit is bigger. It means smaller units can fail ld test more easier.

All models will reform but still can use old models include special characters.

Quelle auf Warseer

Games Workshop is proud to introduce you to Warhammer †“ The Age of Sigmar. The old Warhammer World is gone. It exploded and now we can only look ahead at what is to come †“ The Age of Sigmar. Together we are about to explore new realms. Exciting new adventures lay ahead, with brand new miniatures and new scenarios, set in brand new landscapes. We are opening new realms. Let†™s embark on the very first battle of this new era.

The old Warhammer World is gone, and so is Warhammer Fantasy. Forget what you know about Warhammer Fantasy, as Warhammer †“ the Age of Sigmar is nothing like it. We are going to introduce you to a whole new experience. A brand new game with brand loads of new miniatures and brand new rules.

It is different to what you will expect. It is different to what we have done, but it will amaze you and all your customers. Don†™t worry. Warhammer Fantasy miniatures stay relevant. Old miniatures can still be used, however how you will play them has changed. Size doesn†™t matter anymore. Whether you want to play with 10 or 100 miniatures, it is all possible in Warhammer †“ The Age of Sigmar.

The change is big, but you and your customers can still use the existing miniatures. On the 4th of July all the new rules will be available digitally on our website for FREE †“ It will explain to you how the new game works, and how you can use your old miniatures. The rules will be available in many languages (including Dutch). The new rules for each miniature will also be in the newly rebranded boxes.

Square bases and movement trays are gone. The new and rebranded products will now come with oval and round bases. However don†™t worry, as you can play the game with any base shape you want. No need to rebase your existing miniatures. Bases are now only used to stand up your miniatures and you can use whatever shape base you like most.

Quelle auf Warseer

So langsam wird die Datenlage klarer und mehr Details erblicken das Licht der Öffentlichkeit, was den Spieler in "Age of Sigmar" erwartet:

Information from local rep -

1) 4 Pages of rules, downloadable.

2) War Scrolls - each individual unit box comes with it's own rules, as rumored previously.

3) Rules released on July 4th, including rules for old units and models.

4) Base shape and size are completely irrelevant. Base your models how you like, measure from model to model. No movement trays necessary.

5) No more rule books or army books.

6) Unbound sounds like a thing. "You can play with your favorite miniatures, you don't have to be tied down to one army"

7) No points. (yep, no points). Speculation is that you agree how many of each unit type you and your opponent will use (So, an HQ, 2 troops, two fast attack. That's language used in the thread. Don't know if it's his or the rep's, so salt).

8) You can begin play as small as you like, and it scales up infinitely.

Quelle auf Warseer

Info I was told:

-It's not 9th edition WFB, its a totally different game. There is no 9th edition coming. There is no huge rule book coming. Age of Sigmar is the main product.

-Most of the leaks on the internet are wrong. I'll be able to confirm this Thursday. In particular the bit about different formations is incorrect.

-The 96 page book is a hobby book, painting, history, how to play examples etc. The 4 pages of rules is indeed the rules. Laminated.

-Each unit in the game has a War Scroll that has the rules specific to that unit. So rules for each artillery piece will be on that unit's scroll, each monster will have a scroll, etc.

-The 4 pages of rules and all War Scrolls will be free and online July 4th at midnight. This will be a living document.

lets say that again, since some of the words like "free" may seem surprising to some folks

-The 4 pages of rules and all War Scrolls will be free and online July 4th at midnight. This will be a living document

-Cost is 125.00 in the US

-There may be additional books in the near future, hobbyist/collectors items. Not at all needed for the game, and may not even have the rules in the them. Age of Sigmar: The Big Book of pictures and how to paint....etc. There is no HC big rulebook like we had in WFB, no 3 rule books in a slipcover like in 40k. Just the Age of Sigmar box. And the rules for that box are online and free along with rules for all the old models in your army.

-Supposedly doesn't matter how things are based.

-Scales well from skirmish to large battles. Leave your models ranked and on bases if you like.

Quelle auf Dakkadakka

1) Hero Phase, Movement phase, Shooting Phase, Charge Phase, Combat Phase, Battleshock Phase

2) Magic and Command abilities are done in the Hero Phase

3) You fight people within 3"... or people you have charged.

4) Free rules. This Saturday. PDF form on GW site. 10am central time. Army books are now called warScrolls, also free.

5) No points. I guess it is determined by model count. If opponent outnumbers, lower count gets special rules. (I don't understand it either)

6) Said we can still use ranked up units but doesn't sound like it gives a bonus.

7) Doesn't sound like you need a general. Said you can take any two box sets off the wall and play a game.

Quelle auf Warseer

From GW. Just got off the call with them:

1. There will be no rule book. Ever.

2. All rules will be free. for ever.

3. All models will come with a †œscroll† with its stats and rules.

4. All scrolls will be dowloadabel for free on their site starting July 2nd. I will get it all on the 2nd.

5. ALL current miniatures will be supported. they are producing scrolls for every single miniature they current sell.

6. The new boxed set comes with 18 good guys and a hero, 29 chaos and a hero, dice, ruler, 4 page booklet for rules, and 96 page fluff book that sets the background. $125.retail

7. There will be no new 9th edition. ever. this is the new game they will support.

8. They don†™t think that†™s a problem, as you will be able to use your armies and play it how ever you want. there are no complicated movement rules. Movement is very fluid.

9. they once again said they are a miniatures company, not a games company. but with that said, they want to produce miniatures and support them with a game that lets you use as many or all of your miniatures as you like. so if you want to play with a few fine, or a bunch fine too.

10. rules. it†™s a turn base game. you roll off before the beginning of each turn.

there will be magic rules, maybe even cards, not yet.

there are some scenarios in the 96 page book, but the idea is to encourage creating and playing to as many diffrent scenarios as possible (like saga)

it†™s still diced based.

bases are no longer important. since movement is so fluid. they chose round because models look cooler on them. you cana keep playing with squares and movement trays.

11. fluuf will be handled with the models as they come out. tons of new things for all factions to be released.

12. no limited edition stuff. but if models don†™t sell they will migrate to direct sales on their website (special order) and iof people still don†™t buy them, they will be not be supported, but instead will be discontinued once the stock is depleted.

13. Game seems to be fast, and furious.

14. there are no more †œarmies† persay. instead you build your forces based on the category at the bottom of each battle scroll, :Stormcast Eternal†, †œChaos† †œMagical† Elves† Old ones, skaven/dark forces (or whateveer they†™re called) etc.

15. the fluff is as rumored:

Old world totally gone. Sigmar saves a bunch of sould (presumably many) of all races.

He discover 8 realms. and populates them. then sets up way-gates to each, and shoots them via lightning bolts onto the worlds.

then they work to stave off chaos. i super simplified this here. sounds much cooler than i just explained.

16. they assured me it†™s all about playing how we want, and them being able to sell new models to new people who want to get into a new game, but don†™t want 175 models.

17. they fully understand that the scene will now have folks who play with lots of modles and people who play with a few.

18, they couldn†™t tell me yet, but it seems the first to be supported will be Elves, Chaos, Humans. new elven stuff for sure.

19. all new scenery and 2Í—2 tiles for the battle boards.

20. as many of us have been saying for over a year now. it is a totally different game. no more warhammer fantasy. no 9th edition. rules are to be this 4 page pdf period. there will be no 185 page book in the future, or army books. they will have campaign books, fluff books, and so on, but the game has been set up to be about how the players want to play it within the age of sigmar rules environment (guidleines really).

Quelle auf Nerdhammer

I have touched the promo set. I have seen it. It is real. Here's what I know.

- you do not need to re-base your armies. Bases have one function only; to make your model stand up. All measurement is done from the model itself. A wing, a horn, the very tip of a sword sticking out...doesn't matter. If you want to re-base your army, stick your models on tiny weights so you can group them up as tightly as possible. Why? Because each model now fights against any model in a 360 degree arc that is up to 3" away.

- army books are gone but the new rules are free. And not just the rules but the rules for EVERY FANTASY MODEL GW CURRENTLY SELLS. So you're going to want to buy a printer because each unit comes with it's own card. The old stats are gone and have now been replaced with the cards. Whether a Human swings at a Dragon, a Steam Tank, or a Zombie, he hits on a 4+. Zombies however are easy to hit so on the Zombie card they might have a rule that anything swinging at them gets +1 to hit so the Human would then hit on a 3+. However when the Human swings on a Chaos Warrior, he may hit on a 4+ but because of their armor, he may be -1 to wound them. Every unit has its own cards (I now understand why this is a low model count game). You can now field anything from any army. If you want an army to consist of warp lightning cannons led by a Wood Elf on a dragon, knock yourself out. But the minimum unit size is whatever was sold in the box. Witch Elves are sold in boxes of 10 so that is their minimum unit size. Only 1 Screaming Bell comes in a box so minimum unit size is 1. There are no maximum unit sizes. Weapon specifications also come on the cards. Elvish archers have a bow, it shoots 24" and always hits on a 4+ for example. Orcs have Choppas that give +1 to wound on the charge. It's all on the cards themselves which is why the rules pack is so small.

- Brettonians and Beastmen still exist. There are cards for EVERY model.

- Whatever your units used to do, it has all changed. It might be the same. But it probably isn't.

- Wizards have cards just like everyone else. But they list the spells they can cast. So magic does exist. A Goblin Shaman casts different spells than a Necromancer.

- This game cannot be used for tournament play. When Player A achieves one of a handful of victory objectives (like killing Player B's General), Player B then gets a "hail mary" shot where they can specify a particular condition they have to meet and if they do it, they win. For example, Player A kills Player B's General. Player B picks the option to kill player A's General within a single turn. If he does it, Player B wins. If not, Player A wins. It's like adding weights to the winner to make his actual winning more difficult.

And then we run into the real problems. I am going to guess that the geniuses at GW did not bother to playtest the game because I saw no rules for fielding armies. Just show up, put down some models.

"I brought 39 Skaven Slaves led by an Ogre. What did you bring?"

"I brought 40 Star Dragons."

WTF?! There is no points system? Like...none?!?!?! Just throw some **** on the table and start rolling dice?! Are you freaking kidding me??????? Ok, I get that you can now buy a box of anything and you can play. They figured out a way to beat the high entrance cost of the game. But...words fail me at the stupidity of the game. In its current release form, it is completely unplayable. In absolutely no way do I see how this could be even fun as it is. Without some kind of balance, there is no game. Now the rules are free and in theory they could update them at any time with point costs. And if that happens instantaneously, great! But IMHO the folks at GW needed to get it right and in the beginning or there will just be an exodus of players. If they fix this 3 months from now, people will have found a new game they like and not bother with the train wreck this looks to be. I would guess they have 30 days to fix it or their fantasy product is done.

Quelle auf Warhammer.org

†“ White Dwarf 75 states bases don†™t matter and show a small Nurgle group with round and square bases.AoS World Information

†“ Nine Mortal Realms, all based on the eight colours of magic, and Chaos makes nine.

†“ Sigmar rules from Azyrheim, and when a Stormcast Eternal dies, he returns there.

†“ Four Great Alliances:

†“ Order: Stormcast Eternals, Steamhead Duardin (Dwarfs), Red Slayers (Mercenaries of sorts. Where the old Empire went?), Aelf, and Seraphon †“ reptilian warriors who appear out of nowhere.

†“ Chaos: Fully combined army †“ beastmen, warriors, daemons, *does* include the Skaven.

†“ Death: Undead.

†“ Destruction: Orruks, Grots, Ogors, and ravening beasts beyond count.Turn Sequence:

Hero Phase †“ Spellcasting and Command Abilities used here.

Movement Phase †“ Movement in inches, on warscrolls. 5†³ seems like the new standard. Cannot move within 3†³ of the enemy during the movement phase. Running is a d6 added to the distance. Flying ignores scenery and friendly models, but still cannot come within 3†³ of the enemy. Units that start the movement phase within 3†³ of the enemy can remain stationary or retreat (moving up to full movement away.)

Shooting Phase †“ Units that ran or retreated may not shoot. Roll to hit and wound as normal.

Charge Phase †“ Within 12†³ of enemy. Could not have ran or retreated that turn, nor be within 3†³ of enemy. Roll two dice and that†™s your charge distance. Must end within .5†³ of enemy or charge fails and no models move. No charge reactions.

Combat Phase †“ Charge or units within 3†³ of enemy unit. Two steps: 1.) Pile in, may move models in unit up to 3†³ towards closest enemy model. 2.) Attack with melee weapons.

Battleshock Phase †“ 2d6 + Casualties. For each point the total beats the unit†™s bravery, one model flees and is removed from play. Bravery is +1 for every 10 models in the unit when the test is taken.Attacking Rules:

Pick attacking unit, and target unit.

1. Hit Roll. No WS vs WS, all to hit rolls are the same regardless of who target is. Based on Warscroll.

2. Wound Roll. No S vs T, all to wound rolls are based on weapon on attacking unit†™s Warscroll.

3. Save Roll. Save on Warscroll, modified by attacking unit†™s weapon Rend value.

Quelle auf Bell of lost Souls

bearbeitet von Zavor
Korrektur der Formatierung

Gast
Dieses Thema wurde für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
  • Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir haben Cookies auf Ihrem Gerät platziert, um die Bedinung dieser Website zu verbessern. Sie können Ihre Cookie-Einstellungen anpassen, andernfalls gehen wir davon aus, dass Sie damit einverstanden sind.