TabletopWelt

Mingafaux - Cheating Fate in Munich (die zweite)

Empfohlene Beiträge

So, I know not much is going on this thread lately, but I do want to keep it alive so maybe we can pickup with some games in January (December is always poo for me).

I am getting painting done still here and there (finished Tannen, a Teddy and Johanna) and am progressing on a whole hill of other Mali models too.

Is anyone else getting any hobby work done?  

Right now I am incredibly busy setting up things for my final exam (among other things). I hope that maybe I'll be able to free up some time in January for a game or two but realistically speaking I am fully aware that this is most likely wishful thinking. It's not that I don't want to play (I've bought the new book and I'm feverishly following the release schedule), but I have hardly any time to even paint stuff up. Depends on the date though, most likely.

By the way I bought the Starter Box (excellent thing), but I'm really having trouble warming up to the Neverborn part of the deal. I'm not a big fan of those corrupted humans, but they're all Nephilim (and what's more, shooty Nephilim) so they might go well with your Barbaros. If you want them I'd be willing to part with them (for a small compensation, of course).

How's it sound?

Hmmm, I might be interested.  I did initially want the whole box, but not so sure at the moment.  Don't hold them for me though.  If you find someone who definitely wants them, sell em.  I might want the Guild side models too since they are all henchmen and thus if I get the starter box I can use all the models in any faction (rezzers? :-D)

I am always up for a game, but I am not sure I stand a chance finding enough time before Christmas as work is living hell right now.

I do long for revenge though, as Jakob turned out to be 'der dumme Jakob' (@ Daikiri: wieder der Pfad der blutigen Nase nur diesmal gegen Glassquid) against Misaki (@Glassquid?: Pics?! ;D).

@ tunagami: those mats look great. I was looking for those for months with a grass look on one side and sand / urban setting on the other side in 3 x 3 and 4 x 4.

Unfortunately urban was the closest German sites offered. The rest was either moon crater or better yet outer space motives that looked like airbrush pics on trucks driven by dudes with staches and mullets...post-33482-0-80700000-1449507195_thumb.jpost-33482-0-12597800-1449510811_thumb.j

This ist probably the best way to store or at least transport them. Mind you that they'll somewhat stay in the rolled up shape and so the side you want to use should be on the outside if you plan on using them quickly after unpacking.

bearbeitet von Badabing

Well, this would certainly shake things up a bit; it's a bit of a problem being confined to the exact same crew every single game. Not only is it boring but also inherently unbalanced and, worst of all, gives your opponents the opportunity to spy on your list and plan out the encounter beforehand.

How ya all doin?  Been dead here lately and was wondering if anyone has done much of anything lately?

I haven't gotten much hobby done lately, although I did manage to get my son some stuff for xmas and he has his new mali minis built.  We also got to use that mat.  I am going to have to get some of the pre-painted terrain though to do the mat justice :-D

Anyone playing Guild Ball too?  

Ahoy!

Luckily it seems I've managed to get the worst part of my workload behind me so I'm looking foreward to a few cool games in the near future.

I haven't done any Malifaux lately; rather, over the christmas period, we had a blast with Warhammer: the End Times. As you may recall I was in Japan when the End Times first hit and my mate works in the US and comes home only every so often so this was actually the first chance to have a shot at the Nagash book.

And it was awesome! I hadn't played Warhammer in quite some time now so I completely forgot how great this game could be. Now I'm all the more depressed that GW canned it. :heul2:

But they were driving it into the ground with their crazy pricing and inept ruleswriting anyway, which put me off in the first place. So on the bright side one could say that we're finally free of GW's yoke and can enjoy the game for what it is. Ergo my new year's resolution is to finally finish up my two main armies till June when we will apparently tackle Thanquol.

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

w00t!  So, this friday maybe we can try out these schemes/strategies!?

also, there is a new 'rapid growth' league that might be cool to kick off.

The nice thing about the league is there is no real book-keeping outside of marking achievements and we can play against each other as many times as we want.  It really allows us to do it for the hell-of-it instead of a prize.  More along the lines of my nerd-peen-is-bigger, LOL.

Anyway, I am kind of interested in doing this if possible.  Instead of weeks maybe we do it bi-weekly giving people more time.  And hey, if some play more than others, awesome.  I think along the lines of who cares about prizes, it is about getting in as many games as possible :-)

bearbeitet von tunagami