TabletopWelt

MV's Jar's Beginners Class in Augsburg *english* [15.Jan -17. Jan 2016]

Jarhead

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hallo!!

Noch eine Woche und die Vorfreude ist schon ins Unermessliche gestiegen.

Allerdings steht eine kleine graue Wolke am Himmel und hier ist der Grund warum:

Ich reise mit dem Zug an und muss 2mal umsteigen. Dabei habe ich einmal nur ein Zeitfenster von 6 Minuten. Normalerweise müsste alles glatt gehen und dann hab ich massig Zeit um rechtzeitig dort zu sein. Allerdings der Teufel schläft nie und bei den momentan möglichen Grenzkontrollen von Ö nach D könnte es sein, dass ich den Zug nicht kriege.

Falls ich es nicht rechtzeitig zum Treffpunkt schaffe, wie finde ich euch dann? Oder wie kann ich Bescheid geben, dass ich später komme? Treffpunkt ist nehme ich mal an beim Haupteingang oder?

Grüße aus Österreich

Roland

@Rohda

Für den Notfall und oder Fragen hältst Du mich auf dem Laufenden.

Im Impressum auf MV findest Du meine Telefonnummer:

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.de/2010/01/impressum.html

https://linktr.ee/romanlappat

We are complete and will meet up tomorrow.

Really looking forward to see you all and spend a nice weekend.

We will meet up in front of the building or in the back, depends - I will regularly check for you guys until we are complete.

You can park in the back of the building on a small parking lot without payment. I do not recommend the big one as this gets expensive over a while.

If - in any case - my phone number is required, please check this and find it here:

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.de/2010/01/impressum.html

Hi Rohda,

hab die Beiträge erst heute gelesen. Ich fahre auch von Österreich (genauer gesagt von Vöcklabruck) nach Augsburg, allerdings mit dem Auto. Ich breche jedoch schon bald auf (7:00-8:00), da ich mir noch was in Augsburg ansehen möchte. Fahre über Salzburg, TÜV Freilassing (hol mir da dieses Umweltzonenpickerl) und dann direkt nach Augsburg weiter. Sollte es Probleme mit deinem Zug geben dann kannst du mich unter 0664/9766037 erreichen. Kann dich mitnehmen. Denke aber du fährst viel später los als ich? Solltest du noch kein Ticket zurück haben könnten wir uns auch was ausmachen.

Grüße Martin

bearbeitet von Jike

@Jike

Habe Rhoda nochmal privat auf dein Angebot hingewiesen. Er sollte nun auch per mail benachrichtigt sein.

@all

Please remember the sandwich or small dinner that you should bring for Friday night. No time for proper dinner on this Friday!

Hallo Martin!

Sorry für die späte Antwort aber die Kinder mussten erst noch ins Bett und die Sachen gepackt werden bevor ich ans INET konnte.

Danke für das Angebot - hätte super gepasst, da ich aus Wels komme. Leider habe ich die Zugtickets schon bezahlt und muss mich am Morgen noch um die Kinder kümmern.

Wir sehen uns dann Morgen, das mit dem Zug klappt, da bin ich zuversichtlich und du pass auf der Fahrt gut auf.

Roman danke für die Verständigung.

CU

Roland

Hello everyone!

I hope you all got back home as save as I did.

When i took my train home yesterday i was kind of "twoface". One side was smiling and happy about the great weekend i had with you guys, but the other side was sad because time went by so fast. One day back in the office showed me even more how geat the workshop was for me.

It was a pleasure for me to meet you guys and maybe we see one day again at a workshop or a figure-show like the duke of Bavaria.

Thx to Sebastian for his generosity and of course a big shout out to Roman for his advice, tips, motivation and patience all over the weekend. I used to teach myself and i know how exhausting this can be. Respekt Roman.

So let me qoute Bob Ross for my finish

Happy painting and god bless my friend

Roland

bearbeitet von Rohda

Hi everyone,

I was completly offline yesterday. Sleeping like a baby and resting the whole day, but today I slowly come back to the living.

Thank you all for a great weekend that I really enjoyed with you all.

I will leave some more words about it on our blog and write a small review in the next weeks.

If you want to support me with photos for the review please sent them to: jarhead(at)massivevoodoo.com

As it looks I will sent out the handouts this week Thursday. At lease that is the plan. I am doing some additions to it as you asked during the workshop.

As I am having a basing class this upcoming weekend too it might happen that I will be in a little organisational hectic and might sent the handout not this week, but next week.

I hope you are all ok with it. I try to avoid it, but time is running so quick. I keep you posted.

Thank you all again for your participation and the support!

Keep on happy painting!

Roman

PS: Thanks Roland for the kind feedback!

Hey everyone!

I ask for a little more patience about the handouts.

I will rework some stuff and I was not able to do this before the next weekend classes takes over with preparations and such.

I will sent your handouts during the next week. Sorryio!

Best Wishes

Roman

Hello Roman!

I just had a quick look yesterday evening an it really looks great. I hope i can read it the next few days.

Can you recommend some Internet-Forums besides this one where i can post my painted figures and get some good feedback? It is hard as a beginner to get better if nobody does tell you about your mistakes or gives you hints how to get better.

The animals we had at the workshop - can you Name the producer?

Thanks for your efforts

Roland

bearbeitet von Rohda

Hi Rohda,

the animal set Roman was using in Augsburg is made by the German Company Busch: BUSCH - Kleintierset. It costs about 8 Euro.

Concerning Internet-Forums for painting I would say www.coolminiornot.com  is a good start. I'm a member for years there (www.coolminiornot.com/browse/browseid/13809720) . Just register there and upload your finished miniatures. One core element on this forum is a voting system. All viewers (not only members) can vote on your uploaded miniature from 1-10 (10 being best). So far so good. Bad thing is that this system is far from perfect. The ammount of voting decreased immensely over the years, so don't take any score there too serious. In fact I don't care about this feature of the side.

The reason why I recommend you should check out this side are the forums. There are a lot of international members. Especially motivated Beginners can get answers and helpful tips from veterans. Furthermore there is a good sense of humour and a friendly atmosphere among the community. Check out the forums - work in progress section. There are many astounishing projects posted there, even some member hosted competitions. And don't be scared to post your own project there!

Another great side for miniatures is www.puttyandpaint.com The miniatures posted there are all top quality painted. You can only become member if you are invited, as I'm no member you have to ask Roman (who is a member :) ) for more details about this side. Nevertheless check it out for inspiration!

Another helpful thing I use recently is www.pinterest.com . It's not exactly about miniatures, but its for all kind of art projects. For me its a great ressource for ideas or to check out colours and settings...

P.S.: If someone knows other miniature painting forums please post them here!

P.S.S.: Rufen wir uns mal zusammen Roland. Dann können wir mal in aller Ruhe über unser Hobby quatschen. Sind ja quasi Nachbarn.

LG Martin

Hi Roman,

Thanks again for the really nice workshop. It was a huge pleasure. I guess we'll see each other for a basing class.

Some things I came across, while comparing the German and the English handout are that in the English version there is link and product that don't seem to exist anymore. Jester miniatures and the Ikea Global lamp.

What I still need is the information on casting clear resin for the water on the base. Perhaps you can put this in your review somehow.

Hi there!

Thank you for your replies. I will have a look and choose a figure-homebase.

Martin ich schick dir eine Pm mit meiner Nummer - deine hab ich.

@Roman: I gave your figure a new home

IMG_6338_zpsk1zzt64b.jpg

IMG_6337_zps5eh9rnll.jpg

hope you like it

Roland

bearbeitet von Rohda

Schön, dass Du dran bleibst Roland! Hab schon was im Showcase WIP dazu geschrieben. Sehr fein!

@all

Meine Review mit vielen Fotos ist nun online:

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.de/2016/02/review-mvs-jars-beginners-class-in.html

Danke nochmals an dieser Stelle für das tolle WE mit euch!