TabletopWelt

GW-Bashing-Thread

Empfohlene Beiträge

Meine Erfahrung ist: Deutsche sind so lang nett, bis man sie zur Weissglut treibt. Ausser Pfälzer. Die gehen einen ständig auf den Sack..... :skepsis:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FoW hat was. Ist nur dummerweise nicht meine Epoche beim historischen TT.

Diesa Post kann Spurän von Sarkasmuz, grobän Unfug und Gobbobezogänän RP-Wahnsinn enthaltn!!!

Mechanicum-Tactica
KoW/WFB: Nippon/Skaven/Hobgoblins/Heresy: Mechanicum /40k: Adeptus Mechanicus

FoW hat was.

Jo...Spielspassfördernde und fluffige "Nebelbänke"...:skepsis:

Norddeutsche sind immer nett :D

Natürlich sind sie das...und überhaupt sind das die besten aller Deutschen...ABER, wenns um FoW geht...ticken die auch nicht mehr ganz sauber. :lach:

"Defeat...retreat...those are none of my words. I don´t understand those definitions. I don´t understand when things go wrong. I don´t understand mistakes. But i do understand this: I understand victory and i understand never surrendering. No matter how bad things go, my heart and my mind will carry my body when my limbs are too weak."

Warum GW doof, AoS kacke, und sowieso viele andere Systeme besser sind als alles was GW kann, HIER KLICKEN!

Hier wird darüber geredet das andere Sachen besser sind.

Da nützt es wenig wenn man nichts anderes kennt.

Aber nachdem GW ja eh keine Regeln schreibt bin ich dafür gleich bei allen Systemen Fan-Systeme zu erstellen, nicht nur für AoS und Warhammer

"Um meine Völker vor der Dummheit ihrer Politiker zu schützen" Kaiser Franz-Joseph auf die Frage wozu man im 20.Jh noch einen Monarchen braucht.

[Die Elfen von Gara'talath] [Die Werkstatt des Henkers 2021] [Kurzgeschichten] [Blog]

[The Game of Fantasy Battles is Kings of War] [Deadzone & Warpath]

Boardgames (Brettspiele) =/ Wargames (Tabletop/Kriegsspiele)

Auch wenn die Abgrenzungen zueinander mittlerweile unscharf geworden sind (siehe X-Wing oder SW Armada)...

Armeeprojekte: INFINITY: Haqqislam, JOHN'S INFORMATION GROUP: All The Worlds Models, Warmachine/Hordes: Circle Orboros (erfolgreich abgeschlossen), X-Wing (beendet)

"(...) Träume ergeben erst einen Sinn, wenn man in der Realität für sie kämpft. Wer sich aber nur in fremden Träumen bewegt, statt sein eigenes Leben zu leben, ist so gut wie tot...!" GitS - Stand Alone Complex Ep.12

"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man." Full Frontal  - Gundam Unicorn

Ich war am Samstag auf der Crises. Der Stand von GW , wie schon von Anderen von der "Spiel" berichted, wirkte echt komisch.

Drei Vitrinen ein Bildschirm und drei Leute, die versuchten gute Laune zur Schau zu stellen. Viel war da nicht los und jeder Besuch war sehr kurz.  Kaufen konnte man nichts.  Irgendwie wusste Niemand was das sollte.  Ich konnte mich einem Gesprächsversuch gerade im letzten Moment entziehen.  Man will ja die Leute auch nicht niedermachen oder angreifen, machen ja auch nur ihren Job.

Was mich wunderte war , dass der ForgeWorld Stand subjektiv nicht so belagert war wie gewohnt. 

bearbeitet von vulcanhead

Warhammer Fantasy , KoW , Bolt Action , Für Gott König und Vaterland (Napo) , 40 K  , Black Powder

http://www.hamburger-tactica.de/

Interessant dazu auch dieser Erfahrungsbericht von Warseer:

Hi all. I tend not to post here so much lately, but I had a little experience today that I feel I should share.

I attended a wargaming convention in Antwerp today. Fun day, tons of interesting things to be seen. GW & Forgeworld were also present. Forgeworld was brilliant as always, walked away with some purchases and some orders to be shipped (free of charge!).

The GW experience was less then stellar. They had their now standard convention booth showcasing AoS. Truth be told, it's a very nice booth, well presented & professional. Two representatives were also attending. One guy came up to me to chat, and he quickly understood that I was not the target audience (Warhammer vet & current AoS player). Some time afterwards, I passed by again and looked at another display where they had with some of the other Stormcasts painted up. Nice models of course, but I wasn't looking to chat with the staff.

Representative Nr. 2 came up, and starting chatting. Very forward guy (Dutch, that explains some of it), and he asked us who we were etc. Without prompting, he started saying how people in Belgium apparently "weren't getting AoS". I told him that most people were indeed still looking for a balanced wargame, and that AoS was not that. The idea being, AoS is more suited to a scenario/narrative style of play (and I'm perfectly fine with that!). He then tried to explain (fairly incoherently) that AoS is actually well made, and that you need to bring your own balance into it, and that it was perfectly fine and that people were again, "not getting it".

At that point I was getting a little annoyed and changed the subject. I politely remarked that it was a pity that it was the day Betrayal at Calth released, but that there was a) zero information on it from them at any of the stands and b) no way to even order or god forbid, buy the box with them and Forgeworld being there. He then quite rudely told me that was not why they were there and that was something I should be looking for at the independent vendors in the hall.

Anyway, don't take this as a general GW bash. I like their stuff, and even enjoy AoS for what it is. I spent way to much money at the Forgeworld stand. But I really hope that this was just a case of a fairly bad representative lacking social skills, because if that is the level of engagement we can expect from GW then I'd rather that they not attend these types of things.

But I really hope that this was just a case of a fairly bad representative lacking social skills, because if that is the level of engagement we can expect from GW then I'd rather that they not attend these types of things.

Man könnte meinen er ist neu im Hobby...das ist doch GW-Standard...fast noch zu NETT für GW-Standard. :victory:

"Defeat...retreat...those are none of my words. I don´t understand those definitions. I don´t understand when things go wrong. I don´t understand mistakes. But i do understand this: I understand victory and i understand never surrendering. No matter how bad things go, my heart and my mind will carry my body when my limbs are too weak."

Warum GW doof, AoS kacke, und sowieso viele andere Systeme besser sind als alles was GW kann, HIER KLICKEN!

Ob es so klug ist den Kunden die schuld zu geben?  "not getting it..."

Daz Grün - Goblins³

The Machine feeds us and clothes us and houses us; through it we speak to one another, through it we see one another, in it we have our being. The Machine is the friend of ideas and the enemy of superstition: the Machine is omnipotent, eternal; blessed is the Machine.

Aus GW Sicht ist immer der dumme Kunde schuld, weil er einfach nicht begreifen will dass die Kohle dort abgeliefert werden muß. :D

Egal für welchen unnützen Mist (siehe Plastikschuhkarton für Bastelmaterial, ohne Inhalt, für nur 52,- Teuros) :ok:

Das Leben ist kein Ponyhof -

aber geritten wird trotzdem! 

Wenn ne Gartenmöbelfirma plötzlich Regenschirme für Pinguine herstellt, sind sicher auch die Vögel schuld, wenn die kaum wer kauft. :megalol:

Diesa Post kann Spurän von Sarkasmuz, grobän Unfug und Gobbobezogänän RP-Wahnsinn enthaltn!!!

Mechanicum-Tactica
KoW/WFB: Nippon/Skaven/Hobgoblins/Heresy: Mechanicum /40k: Adeptus Mechanicus

mikhaila, einer der Poster auf Dakka und Besitzer eines riesigen FLGS, schreibt zu AOS:

"It's failed.

My sources in GW have people looking for ways to polish a turd and sell models. AOS gave them a small bump in fantasy sales, but they lost hugely with no 40k sales in those months. My sales are down 65% for the last 4 months on GW.

Not enough people actually care about AOS. They play some because they have models, but few people are building armies.

Lizarmen codex with no new models? Pretty much tells the story. My sales rep was ok with me not even ordering it.

I could write a 2 page list of reasons why it's failing, but i don't feel like arguing with the "it's only anectdotal evidence" crowd, and don't feel like beating a dead horse. GW found a way to cost me thousands of dollars in sales each month, and has my older WFB customers selling their armies on ebay. Good job GW."

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/670688.page

Biete Fantasy- und 40k-Zeuchs

Verkaufe viele fiese Gnoblars ...

Blut, Gold und Ehre - Oger-Berichte aus dem Sturm

DonVoss: "Aber klar, wer im Inneren eher Khornebeserker ist als Zauberkünstler, der rockt auch die Magiephase..."

and has my older WFB customers selling their armies on ebay. Good job GW."

Find ich auch. Good Job GW!

Endlich bekommt man WHFB-Kram auf der Bucht wieder zu vernünftigen Preisen. :ok:

mikhaila, einer der Poster auf Dakka und Besitzer eines riesigen FLGS, schreibt zu AOS:

I could write a 2 page list of reasons why it's failing....

Das wäre ja mehr als Die Regeln von AOS :D

Höchstwahrscheinlich auch interessanter...!? :buch:

Armeeprojekte: INFINITY: Haqqislam, JOHN'S INFORMATION GROUP: All The Worlds Models, Warmachine/Hordes: Circle Orboros (erfolgreich abgeschlossen), X-Wing (beendet)

"(...) Träume ergeben erst einen Sinn, wenn man in der Realität für sie kämpft. Wer sich aber nur in fremden Träumen bewegt, statt sein eigenes Leben zu leben, ist so gut wie tot...!" GitS - Stand Alone Complex Ep.12

"You mustn't let mistakes weigh you down. Acknowledge them and take what you've learned to move on. That is the privilege of being a man." Full Frontal  - Gundam Unicorn

Um die "wartet doch erst mal ab, da kommen noch soo tolle Sachen, wir können das jetzt noch gar nicht beurteilen" Fraktion zu zitieren :wartet doch erst mal ab, da kommen noch soo tolle Sachen, wir können das jetzt noch gar nicht beurteilen. 

hust....

Warhammer Fantasy , KoW , Bolt Action , Für Gott König und Vaterland (Napo) , 40 K  , Black Powder

http://www.hamburger-tactica.de/

Noch ein Independent-Store, diesmal in Irland (Seargent Horse auf Dakka) :

"We tried at our store, ran some events, tried to promote it, but it's pretty dead. I have 2 people playing (new players that have never done minis before). Everybody else plays KoW, or if they want skirmish fantasy, they do Frostgrave or Mordheim.

I used to be a HUUUGE Fantasy playing store, with tournaments hitting over 30 and regular play nights with every table full, AoS killed it and every single player moved to Kings of War or quit altogether. In the last few months I've slashed my Fantasy wall by 2/3 and don't even reorder unless it's a special order. That broke my heart personally, I own 8 Fantasy armies.

Personally, I tried AoS, it's ok for what it is, but I played Fantasy for the rule set and world, both are gone. You can say I can just play 8th, but that's not realistic since most gamers move to supported game systems, and KoW has taken over.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
That being said, if GW brought out a 9th edition......MONEY.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
As to reasons it's failing imo.

It's not as good a mass fantasy game as Kings of War

It's not as good a skirmish game as Mordheim, Frostgrave or any other skirmish game

The Stormcasts are boring. Great models, but boring fluff and with being effectively immortal, there's no fear or connection when they die.

Khorne is also the most BORING of Chaos gods.. Blood blood skulls skulls blah blah blah. Nurgle or Tzeentch would have been way more interesting.

A lack of info on other races is a killer too. I've read the books, listened to the audio books and I'm not impressed with the world at all, it lacks flavor.

Cost doesn't really come into it I find, people who want to will buy the products, people who can't afford to or don't find the value in it, won't."

bearbeitet von CorlissEngine

Biete Fantasy- und 40k-Zeuchs

Verkaufe viele fiese Gnoblars ...

Blut, Gold und Ehre - Oger-Berichte aus dem Sturm

DonVoss: "Aber klar, wer im Inneren eher Khornebeserker ist als Zauberkünstler, der rockt auch die Magiephase..."